Effective date: July 1st, 2019
Last update: May 10th, 2021
AT A GLANCE
1. Trestle Labs does not use the User Content for any purpose except to provide you with the Services
2. Trestle Labs will not make the User Content that you scan/upload available to public, or share it with anyone else, except as necessary to provide the Services
3. When you scan/upload the User Content to our Services, we must store that User Content for a short period of time in order to perform the analysis and return the results to you. The User Content is typically deleted right after the processing is done, with a failsafe Time to live (TTL) of 12 hours
4. We log metadata about your Service requests (such as the time the request was received and the size of the request) to improve our service and offer on-demand usage reports to you
5. We do not use the User Content you upload to train and improve our Services
6. We do not claim any ownership in any of the User Content that you transmit to our Services
7. All in-transit documents are encrypted by SSL to ensure all-round data security
Refer USER CONTENT section, to understand the inclusions of User Content mentioned above.
When you use any of our Services, we receive the following information:
1. Your email, Name and Photo for sign up, to create your account
2. Data that you allow us to process to give back the results to you
3. Metadata about your use of various features to provide usage analytics to you
4. Your contact information (Email, Phone No.) only when you contact us for help using in-app help or feedback option to contact you back and assist you with your issue
5. Device specific information like Android version, iOS version etc. for improving our Services and remote bug-fixing
We only use this information to:
1. Provide our Services to you
2. Improve our Services for you
3. Analyse how you use our Services
4. Share usage analytics with you
5. Diagnose technical issues/bugs remotely
6. Maintain security for your account and your data
Please Note: We do not provide any Ads or Marketing to you other than cross-marketing our own services and products.
We share this information:
Only with our third party vendors who provide the required backend Services to offer relevant Services to you
We collect the following types of information-
1. Information you provide us directly:
Communications between you and Trestle Labs by email. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related emails.
2. Analytics information:
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our Services. These tools collect information sent by your device to our Services, including the data related to your usage and other information that assists us in improving our Services. We use your usage analytics to provide your usage statistics to you.
3. Cookies and similar technologies:
4. Log file information:
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access our web Services. It can also be provided when the content of the web service is downloaded to your browser or device.
When you use our Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser from which you are requesting the status of and various status information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you to help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of our Services
5. Device identifiers:
When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by our Services.
A device identifier may deliver information to us about how you browse and use our Services and may help us provide reports or personalized content to you. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how and when you accessed your content and what was the type and volume of content.
1. When you use our service (Kibo Android application) to access/read the following types of documents - DOCX, TXT, EPUB, DAISY, MP3, OPUS, OGG, WAV and accessible PDFs - the application opens these documents and makes them accessible locally on your phone. These documents do not require any online processing and hence, are not uploaded to our servers any time
2. When you use our Services to access Images or inaccessible Scanned Image-based PDFs, our Services offer both offline and online Text Extraction processing to make it accessible for you, depending on which service you are using or which subscription plan you are subscribed to. In case of offline Text Extraction, the processing happens locally on your phone and hence, your content is not uploaded to our servers at any time. In case of online Tet Extraction processing, our Services upload your documents to our servers where your documents are processed and results are delivered back to you.
3. When you use our Services to translate text from Images or inaccessible Scanned Image-based PDFs, our Services offer both offline and online Text Extraction and Text Translation processing to translate it for you, depending on which service you are using or which subscription plan you are subscribed to. In case of offline Text Translation, the processing happens locally on your phone and hence, your content is not uploaded to our servers at any time. In case of online Text Translation processing, our Services upload your documents to our servers where your documents are processed and results are delivered back to you.
In this document, ‘User Content’ will refer to any and all content uploaded by you to our servers while using any of our Services, as mentioned in this section.
Our Services process the User Content that you scan/upload, only if you opt-in and give consent to process content for one or more specific purposes, until you “opt-out”:
1. Text Extraction
2. Text Translation
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to:
1. Facilitate and offer our Services
2. Perform backend service-related Services
3. Assist us in analysing how our Services are used
We want to inform you that a part of our processing requires us to share the User Content that you scan/upload with these third-party Services to perform backend operations to offer Text Extraction and Text Translation Services to you. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We use this information to:
1. Provide, operate and maintain our Services; Test, improve and evaluate our Services
2. Develop, test and integrate new features in our Services based on user preferences
3. Analyse how you use our Services and share usage analytics with you
4. Send communications to inform you about new products, Services and features
5. Maintain security for your account and your data
6. Diagnose technical issues/bugs and fix them remotely
7. Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it while using our Services
8. Provide custom, personalized content and information for you
Please Note: We do not use your mobile phone number or other Unique Identifiable Information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out
We will not rent or sell your personal contact information, such as username, user ID, device ID, email address, etc. to third parties outside Trestle Labs without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
When we share your information:
1. We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.), with organizations that help us provide our Services to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services under reasonable confidentiality terms.
2. We do not make the User Content that you scan/upload available to the public, or share it with anyone else, except to our Service Providers as necessary to provide the Services to you. We do not share/license any User Content that you scan/upload to any outside companies or organizations for any reason/purpose.
3. We do not claim any ownership in any of the User Content that you transmit to our Services
4. We do not share any of your information with third-party advertising partners.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Instances where we may be required to share your information:
We will disclose your information where required to do so by law or by judicial process or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
1. Take precautions against liability
2. To assist government enforcement agencies
3. To protect the security or integrity of our Services
5. To investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations
6. Exercise/protect the rights, property & personal safety of Trestle Labs, our users or others
7. Comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with Copyright Law, international law or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant or equivalent, or where in our reasonable belief, an individual's physical safety may be at risk or threatened
1. When you scan/upload User Content to our Services, we must store that User Content for a short period of time in order to perform the analysis and return the results to you. The User Content is typically deleted right after the processing is done, with a failsafe Time to live (TTL) of 12 hours
2. Your information collected through our Services may be stored/processed in India or any other country in which Trestle Labs or our Service Providers maintain facilities
3. We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction
You are responsible for maintaining the control access to emails between you and Trestle Lab, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
1. You may, of course, decline to submit uniquely identifiable information to our Services, in which case, we may not be able to provide certain Services to you
3. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before registering your email ID and granting you access to our Services.
4. You can request us to remove your data that we have collected as mentioned above by writing to us at info at trestle labs dot com (email@example.com) as per GDPR guidelines.
5. Following termination or deactivation of your account, we may retain information and user content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. Our Services and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information from our servers as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has provided us with personal information or if you are someone who is aware that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) , so that we will be able to take the necessary actions.
Our Services employ proprietary technology that utilizes image processing, computer vision and machine learning to provide you with the relevant tools and services.